These Chicken Broccoli Fritters are going to change the chicken and broccoli game! No more boring “diet” food over here. These simple fritters are easy to make and pack lots of flavor. Say no more to dry chicken breasts and dull broccoli.
Chicken and broccoli has gotten a bad rep for being diet food. Since I’m anti-diet and anti-bad food, it was time to give these a makeover! Thus was born these deliciously juicy chicken broccoli fritters.
I’m a big fan of fritter anything: zucchini fritters and apple fritters just to name a few. What’s great is that they are super versatile. You can basically turn anything into a fritter. Seriously.
When I was at a friend’s (who is following the keto diet), her chicken fritters were filled with lots of cheese and not much veggies. Delicious, but my little lactose intolerant heart could only handle a bite before the mozzarella did a number on my stomach. So like I always do I knew I had to get into the kitchen and recreate her recipe.
Not to be bias or anything, but my chicken broccoli fritters kick ass. They are SO delicious and what’s great is that you can make a bunch for later. So all my meal prep peeps can rejoice!
Here are few things to make these chicken broccoli fritters super delicious:
- I will forever be a chicken thighs kinda girl, but I actually like using chicken breasts for this recipe. You can totally use chicken thighs though.
- Make a double batch of my vegan parmesan cheese. Trust me. If you can do dairy, use regular parmesan cheese, but make sure it’s the good kind. NOT the one in the green bottle. Got it?
- I use cassava flour to bind everything, but feel free to use any flour that fits your dietary needs. I still don’t know which flour is keto friendly, so you keto folks will have to work that out on your own.
- I love serving mine with lemon wedges and my animal style sauce, but it’s also great with ranch or any other creamy sauce you can think of.
- These can be frozen after they’re cooked. Freeze them in a single layer and then transfer to a ziplock bag or container after frozen. Reheat in the skillet with a bit of oil or you can even toast them!
- Someone will ask, I haven’t tried these in the oven or air fryer, but if you do, let me know how it goes.
I hope you enjoy these chicken broccoli fritters as much as I do! I’m sure your friends and family will be asking for more.
Chicken Broccoli Fritters (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
Chicken Broccoli Fritters are versatile fritters that can be made to fit any diet. These fritters are packed with flavor and perfect for meal prepping.
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup cassava flour or any flour of choice
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese or regular parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves grated or finely minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt more to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- avocado oil
- lemon wedges
- animal style sauce
Cut broccoli into florets and steam or boil until fork tender ~12-15 minutes. If boiling, let broccoli drain in a colander to ensure access water is drained.
Let the broccoli cool and then roughly chop up into smaller bits and pieces.
While broccoli is cooking, cube chicken into small bite size pieces.
Add chicken, cooled chopped broccoli, eggs, cassava flour, vegan parmesan cheese, garlic, kosher salt and ground black pepper into a large bowl.
Mix until everything is well combined. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat with enough avocado oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
Using a ¼ measuring cup or medium ice cream scoop, scoop the chicken and broccoli mixture into the skillet. Gently press down on the mixture to flatten out. You should get about 10-12 fritters.
Cook on each side for 4-5 minutes or until fritters are golden brown and chicken is cooked through. If your fritter starts to quickly brown, lower your heat. You don't want the outside to brown before the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, drain on a paper towel lined plate and season with additional kosher salt if needed.
Serve with lemon wedges and animal style sauce or any sauce you like!