These Crispy Teriyaki Chicken Wings only require a handful ingredients and take no time to make. They key to keep the chicken wings crispy while covered in a delicious teriyaki sauce only takes a couple key steps.
This post is in partnership with Kevin’s Natural Foods.
I love chicken wings. That is absolutely no surprise. I love them crispy but I also love them saucy. I am here to tell you you don’t have to compromise either preferences because with a few key steps, you are going to get crispy saucy wings!
Teriyaki is one of my favorite flavors and I’m super excited about Kevin’s Natural Foods Teriyaki Sauce for days I don’t want to make my own. The sauce is paleo and keto friendly while also packed with so much flavor.
- Website: https://www.kevinsnaturalfoods.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kevins.natural.foods/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kevins-Natural-Foods-111435896926979/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/KevinsNaturalFoods/
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THE CRISPY TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS:
- Chicken wings, split
- Sweet potato starch (paleo) or baking powder (keto)
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper (or fresh cracked black pepper)
- Garlic powder
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS TO GET THE BEST CRISPY TERIYAKI CHICKEN WINGS:
- Always always pat your chicken wing dry. Moisture is the enemy of crispiness.
- After the chicken is coated with the seasonings and your choice of sweet potato starch or baking powder, place them on a cookie sheet with a wire rack on top and then refrigerate uncovered for at least an hour but overnight is best.
- The sweet potato starch or baking powder is going to help with getting the chicken wings crispy. So don’t skip this ingredient!
- When the chicken wings are cooked, start off with a small amount of teriyaki sauce when coating them and go from there. You want enough sauce to cover the chicken wings but don’t want to over saturate it. Use any remaining sauce for dipping.
- These Crispy Teriyaki Chicken Wings are best served right away! If you have leftovers you can always throw them in an air fryer or in an oven to get the crispiness back.
I hope you enjoy these chicken wings as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Crispy Teriyaki Chicken Wings (Paleo & Keto Options)
Pat chicken wings dry then add kosher salt, white pepper, and potato starch. Mix until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with a wired rack. Place the chicken wings on top and then refrigerate uncovered for at least one hour or overnight. This will dry out the skin and help with getting it extra crispy when cooked.
Air Fryer method: add chicken wings to air fryer basket, cook at 375F for 20 minutes shaking halfway through, afterwards turn air fryer up to 400F and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Oven method: preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the chicken wings to baking sheet in a single layer, Roast for 20 minutes, flip and roast for an additional 10-12 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through and golden brown.
While the chicken wings are cooking, add Kevin's Natural Foods Teriyaki Sauce into a small saucepan.
Simmer the teriyaki sauce for 5-10 minutes or until it has thickened and reduced a bit.
When chicken wings are done, add to a large bowl and pour half the teriyaki sauce onto the wings. Mix until well coated. If you want it saucier, add more sauce.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Some of my posts contain affiliate links. If you use my links to purchase a product, I will receive a small commission, but it will not cost you anything extra. Thank you for your support!