This Cranberry Walnut Overnight Oats is the perfect recipe for meal prepping. It doesn’t require any cooking and it is packed with nutritional ingredients such as Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds. These overnight oats are the perfect on the go breakfast.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Ocean Spray.
I’ve recently been into overnight oats and love that they are so versatile. You can literally mix and match different ingredients to formulate the perfect combination. Well, this Cranberry Walnut Overnight Oats recipe reminds me of those delicious oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip cookies but sans baking!
Recently, Ocean Spray® sent me their new Cranberry Seeds and I immediately knew I had to use them for my overnight oats. They have quickly replaced chia seeds for me because of their nutritional value, and I love that they are an upcycled plant based product. To learn more, visit their site by clicking here.
What are Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds?
- According to Ocean Spray®, their Cranberry Seeds are the seeds harvested from cranberries that are certified as sustainably grown and offering an array of powerful nutritional benefits to support a healthy lifestyle
- The red seeds are vibrant in color and packed with nutrition
What are some health benefits of Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds?
- Great source of fiber at 1.6 times the amount found in chia seeds and flax seeds
- A good source for zinc, magnesium, and Omega 3 fatty acids
- Cranberry Seeds help support digestive health and immunity
How to use Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds
- Cranberry seeds have a neutral flavor and can be used so many different ways. They can replace chia seeds in lots of recipes such as:
- Baked goods
- Energy balls
- Overnight oats
Let’s talk about these Cranberry Walnut Overnight Oats and just how simple it is to make!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THE CRANBERRY WALNUT OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Rolled oats (I get a gluten free version)
- Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds
- Ground cinnamon
- You favorite nut milk (I like almond milk)
- Maple syrup (to keep it vegan) or honey
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried cranberries
- Optional: white chocolate chips
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS TO GET THE BEST CRANBERRY WALNUT OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Be sure you are using rolled oats when making overnight oats.
- Mix the dry ingredients first and then add the liquids.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup used, but keep measurements for the rolled oats and nut milk the same.
- You can make one big batch of the overnight oats or divide everything into three jars. I like using three 10 oz Weck jars for my overnight oats.
- Toppings are endless so get creative!
Cranberry Walnut Overnight Oats (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch or two of kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups nut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- white chocolate chips (optional)
Using either 3 different jars or 1 large one, add in the rolled oats, Ocean Spray® Cranberry Seeds, ground cinnamon, and kosher salt. Mix until well combined.
Next, pour in the nut milk and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
Refrigerate the oats overnight or for at least 8 hours covered.
Once overnight oats are set, mix in chopped walnuts and dried cranberries. Top with white chocolate chips if desire and enjoy!